Junior Python Developer Intern
Keystone Advisors is seeking high performing intern to provide hands-on support for the Systems Support team. Take your talent and skills to the next level. Be part of the Keystone Advisors team. Internship will be based out of Houston, Texas. Depending on the deadlines and tasks our interns work 20-30 hours per week until April.
During this internship you will assist with checkout, startup and assuring that all systems and components of a building are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the Systems Support management or final client. The right candidate will work well with others; take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. Position reports to the Director of CRM Systems and takes direction from the Systems Support Lead.
• Currently a junior or senior pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics or related discipline
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++.
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel
• Solid comprehensive problem-solving skills
• The ability to problem-solve.
• Fundamental understanding of Python and its frameworks.
• Fast learner with an ability to adapt techniques based on requirements.
• Great communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to generate research ideas
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment and know when to ask for help
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure Python code when executed is efficient and well written.
• Refactor old Python code to ensure it follows modern principles.
• Ensure integration can take place with front end systems.
• Identify and fix code where bugs have been identified.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Use programming language and tools
• Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Conduct research for industry and business questions
• Find hidden patterns using data
• Deliver updates to management based on analytics
• Gain knowledge and experience in automation and maintenance
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• The primary location for this position is an office environment. Applicants must be residing in Texas.